Sunday, April 6, 2008

Welcome to KHOP! Would you like some syrup?

Welcome to Kyle's House of Pancakes. I hosted an actual Web page of random musings back in the 90s when I was in high school, but I never got into blogging. I guess I just didn't feel I had much to say. After reading a blog recently, www.tofugu.com, I decided it was time I tried my hand at it.

What do I plan to accomplish with this blog? Probably the norm...vent and post about things in my life. However, I want to change a few things in my life, and I hope to use this blog as a chronicle on how I go about making these changes. The changes range from eating habits, changing my somewhat sedentary lifestyle, and achieving goals I've set for myself years ago.

I have been taking small strides in changing my diet and becoming more active. Now, I'm not horribly overweight, maybe by about 10-15 pounds. As some of you may know, I used to do karate weekly, but due to my current living arrangements, I'm too far away from my dojo. I've been trying to start my own workout routine (without weights because I haven't got any), and at least stretch to get off my lazy ass.

Like most people, I want to learn and do new things, and like a lot of people, I always put these things off. On my list of things to learn is guitar and Japanese. Those are the two I can at least say I've been trying to do for quite some time. Now the guitar...that may never happen. I can be somewhat tone deaf, and I can only read tabs. Japanese I've been "working on" for a few years. I haven't adhered to a very regular schedule and thus I'm still in the very beginning stages of learning Japanese.

I am very open to suggestions from those of you who take the time to read my blog on what I should try (not seppuku) or post. I'm trying to change my life for the better. Feel free to email me at murasakiblogATgmail DOT com.

I'm just trying to be a better person...my name is Kyle. Unfortunately that last line's not my own...

No comments: