Tuesday, October 7, 2008

New Job, Day 2

So I started my new job yesterday. They have thrown me into the fire if you will. I am already setting up servers, something I have not done in almost a year. I still have the initial first job jitters and nervousness. It is even worse when you are moved to an area where you know everyone, definitely worse. At least if you do not know them, if you screw up who cares. All-in-all I think I am going to enjoy this new position and I will have a lot of learning and challenges ahead.

I was told today that we have to wait 2 to 3 more weeks on whether or not we get a counter or get a house. This sucks, because since I know it will take 3 weeks, that makes it November. If Winter comes early, that gives me NO time to do any outside work. It also means I will be paying for heat when I am not living in the house. While I am not thrilled to wait any longer, I will. If I can get this house for cheap, it will really be worth it in the end.

On a completely different note, and something I have been meaning to blog about. A good friend of mine whom I do not get to see very often, John, has asked me to be in his wedding. This really means a lot to me, and I am honored to be asked to be a part of the wedding. John has been with his fiance, Ann, for a while now and I could not be happier for the two of them. Hopefully, if time and job permits, I will make a point to see him long before his wedding. Unfortunately, while not incredibly far away from each other, it has been rather difficult for us to make any plans to get together. Again...I hope to remedy that in the next month or so :) shhhhh....He doesn't know that yet.

1 comment:

KittyMarie said...

I'm so proud of you and your fancy new job:) I think you're just the bee's knees, no matter what!