Monday, June 23, 2008

Home Life

Well we have been living with my parents and brother for a little over a week now. It has been great getting to see them daily, and to have access to more than one room (especially since one of those rooms is a kitchen). This being said it has helped me lose weight. Close to 7 pounds. Kat and I have been trying to get as much fruit as possible, pineapple (fresh), strawberries, etc. We have also been waking up earlier since we car pool to work now, and eating a nice breakfast. I actually feel more alert and awake. It helps that we have been trying to get to bed around 10 every night as well.

We are still looking for a home. We really have not been very successful yet. Nothing has really caught our eyes. We are going to take a break from looking for a week or so and see if any prices drop or new homes come onto the market.

It is fair season where I work, which means it is nuts. We provide support for every county fair in the state, so that means June, July, and the first week of August are insane. That is part of why I have not posted in a while. I will try and post some more during breaks in calls at work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The biggest piece of advice wrt buying a home, is to wait until you find the right one.

As I was looking at them, I felt with many of them "well, i guess i could make this work", until I saw the one I bought. That one I walked in and said "Oh wow", and from that minute forward I knew it was the house I was going to buy.

Don't be shy about working the market, seeing what you like and dislike, and waiting to find the house that just screams "BUY ME!" - you'll know when you find it.

(people told me that before I went looking, and I thought they were blowing smoke up my ass until it happened to me too).